Thursday, April 30, 2009

What does your Itunes Playlist say about you???

For those of you who read this blog "cricket, cricket" and have known me for a long time no I have always been into music. I used to make mix tapes and cd mixes back in Jr/Sr high school. (All in one building. Babylonians know how that works out 7-12 in same building). Today we have MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 or MP3s as you my know them. To me MP3's are the best thing since slice bread. I have gigs upon gigs of MP3s. I listen to music at work all day, in the car, while I am mowing the grass, etc.... Your probably asking where is this going??? Well the mix tape is pretty much dead, musicians sing about mix tapes like Jack's Mannequin whose lead singer (Andrew McMahon) probably wasn't even around when tapes where used. We used them to express our love for a girl/guy, or get pumped up for a game. Now we have playlists. Well in the N&O today (news and observer local paper in Raleigh NC) had an article today about what your ipod playlists says about you. In the article it talked about a couple here in Raleigh that had been dating for awhile and the girl decides to go through her boyfriends ipod. She is appauled by what she sees, let's just say the music he had went beyond a guilty pleasure for some Barbara Streisand. This girl was almost ready to leave her boyfriend due to his music taste. She being an Indie music fan could not imagine spending the rest of her life with a guy who had Journey in his top playlist of songs. She even went to the extent of seeing how many times these songs were played. As I was reading this I thought to myself, I wonder what my Top 25 Most played songs are. Now I do admit I have some (Faggy) songs. Cough Cough Neil Diamond, Journey but hey who doesn't love a little Journey "Only the young can stay". It reminds of Vision Quest. Love that movie.
Anyway here are my top 25 songs:
Jack Johnson:No Other Way,
OAR That was a crazy game of poker,
Lost! Coldplay,
Banana Pancakes JJ,
The Mixed Tape Jacks Mannequin (Gulp),
Come Monday kenny Chesney,
Already Gone Sugarland
Waitin on a Women Brad Paisley
Violet Hill Coldplay
Lovers In Japan Coldplay
Back where I come from Kenny Chesney
Midnight Train to Memphis Kid Rock
Fake Empire THe National
Start a War The National
The Bucket Kings of Leon****
Never ever gone Chris Cagle
Viva La Vida Coldplay
Messages Xavier Rudd
White Moth Xavier Rudd
Lovers in Japan (acoustic version) Coldplay
Sweet and Wild Dirks Bentley
Red Light Johnny Lang
Sex on Fire Kings of Leon
Love and memories OAR
Rock & Roll eric hutchinson

So that's it my top 25 playlist of most played songs. What does this say about me??? I look at this list and think WOW I have an eclectic taste in music. A little bit of country, rock and roll, alternative and Indie Music. So I ask what is in your top 25 music playlist??? Let me know I would love to hear. Maybe some Broadway music, Clay Aiken, Britney Spears. Mom's of teenie boppers probably have some Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus mixed in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment